The Anti-theism Network

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Anti-theism Network
The Anti-theism Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Hitchens fan
A loving god? EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 9:11 am by Hitchman

» a misantrope's intro
A loving god? EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:37 am by painthermos

» Help the theists better understand you
A loving god? EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 5:08 pm by Chuck Ludikee

» Reasoning against religious experience
A loving god? EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 4:21 pm by Chuck Ludikee

» I am new *waves*
A loving god? EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 8:50 pm by drunkenmonkey04

» Is free will an illusion?
A loving god? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:30 pm by drunkenmonkey04

» We need better topics
A loving god? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:12 pm by drunkenmonkey04

» Christmas?
A loving god? EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 7:05 am by GodlessGirl

» A loving god?
A loving god? EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 2:07 am by drunkenmonkey04

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

A loving god?

3 posters

Go down

A loving god? Empty A loving god?

Post  Chuck Ludikee Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:49 pm

Below is a post for the Christian forum on Amazon. I just made another post to a person who is trying to defend these acts. Just what does this say about their god and the Christian and Jewish mind that accepts things like these from a “loving” god?

Chuck Ludikee says:
Jeremiah Cox: God is love.

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones. (Psalms 137:9)

Samaria ... hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up. (Hosea 13:16)

2 Kings 15:16 Then Menahem smote Tiphsah, and all that were therein, ... because they opened not to him, therefore he smote it; and all the women therein that were with child he ripped up. (2 Kings 15:16)

For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. (Zechariah 14:2)

They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. (Numbers 15:32 & 36)

Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves. (Numbers 31:17-18)

But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth: But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee: (Deut. 20:16-17)

Chuck: Just a question; are these things what love looks like?

Chuck Ludikee

Back to top Go down

A loving god? Empty Re: A loving god?

Post  seeker Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:01 am

We need to amend that to, "God is love as long as you are born into the right culture and obey his every whim."

seeker

Back to top Go down

A loving god? Empty “obey his every whim."

Post  Chuck Ludikee Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:38 am

seeker,
I think you’ve just about got the hang of this god thing ;-) especially that “obey his every whim."

Chuck Ludikee

Back to top Go down

Post  drunkenmonkey04 Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:56 am

This pretty much sums up every reason why people shouldn't follow religion.

I'm not sure whether posting links is frowned upon, if so, please don't be too harsh =)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5OMNPmoVAw

Intelligence squared has to be one of the many debates I have watched that displays the radicals from either side.

drunkenmonkey04

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Ludikee Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:44 am

drunkenmonkey04,

That was an interesting debate, and I really liked the ending vote ;-) I find the ignorance and/or the cherry picking of what verses one will follow very frustrating. That PM (Ann something or other) was a piece of work. She quits the Anglican Church and becomes Catholic because the Anglicans stated ordaining women as priests. How convenient she never knew or forgot that God said women were not to “usurp authority” man. (1 Timothy 2:12) Would I be right in assuming that being a PM would give her bossing rights over a bunch of men? I also loved how the Bishop danced around all the billions of dollars the Church holds onto with super tight grip. I guess he has never read Christ’s Sermon on the Mount. The PM wanted to give the Church credit for the work of a few good people who risked everything to save a few thousand Jews during WWII when the Church as a whole acquiesced to the German’s on this question.

Chuck Ludikee

Back to top Go down

Post  drunkenmonkey04 Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:47 am

Exactly Chuck. If people are going to follow religion, what is the point in doing it by taking bits and pieces of "gods words" and calling them the whole truth? And who are we to interpret what the words of god say in the bible? It would be the same thing if say, we have a study that shows 80% of Americans suffer from vitamin C deficiency, but these number only mean something to certain people, so it is ok... -.-

drunkenmonkey04

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuck Ludikee Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:38 am

drunkenmonkey04: If people are going to follow religion, what is the point in doing it by taking bits and pieces of "gods words" and calling them the whole truth?

Chuck: On the surface it would seems to be to be a way to balance the horrific horrors contained in the “good book” with the social evolution that continues the march to making the Bible just a book of mythology. How can modern man justify the laws of the OT? Only by twisting those teachings into logic pretzels with lots of salt to make them palatable.

drunkenmonkey04: And who are we to interpret what the words of god say in the bible?

Chuck: If by “we” you mean mankind, there would be no right if there really were laws given by a god, but what we have is a Bronze-Age book written by the priesthood to aid in fleecing their sheep. We nonbelievers have every right to question and expect proof as offered in a number of places in the Bible, like the faith healing you mentioned in another thread. Believers fall all over their Bibles trying to rationalizing God not showing up for their prayer circles.

Chuck Ludikee

Back to top Go down

Post  drunkenmonkey04 Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:07 am

Chuck Ludikee wrote:Chuck: If by “we” you mean mankind, there would be no right if there really were laws given by a god, but what we have is a Bronze-Age book written by the priesthood to aid in fleecing their sheep. We nonbelievers have every right to question and expect proof as offered in a number of places in the Bible, like the faith healing you mentioned in another thread. Believers fall all over their Bibles trying to rationalizing God not showing up for their prayer circles.

exactly Very Happy

drunkenmonkey04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum